habla español?

Local Resources

Where do I find assistance with basic needs?

  1. How do I find low income housing resources?
    Appleton Housing Authority: www.appletonhousing.org
    Housing Partnership of the Fox Cities: www.housing-partnership.org

  2. How do I apply for Badgercare, Food Share, or Child Care Assistance?

  3. Where do I get diapers?
    Salvation Army:(920)734-7726 or www.safoxcities.org

    St. Joseph Food Program:(920)734-9472 or www.stjoesfoodprogram.org

  4. How do I get help paying my electric bill?
    Contact the State of Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program:1(866)432-8947

  5. Where can I get help if I need money for rent or a security deposit?
    Contact LEAVEN (Limited Emergency Assistance Valley Ecumenical Network):
    (920)738-9635 or www.leavenfoxcities.org

  6. How do I apply for W-2 (Wisconsin Works) or Emergency Assistance?
    Contact Forward Services Corporation:1(800)722-2295

  7. How do I find child care for my baby or child?
    Contact Child Care Resource & Referral:(920)886-1211 or www.ccrrfoxvalley.org

  8. How do I sign-up my child for Head Start?
    Call UW-Oshkosh Head Start:1(800)624-4436

  9. How do I know where to go for WIC (Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program) in my county?
    Call 1(800)722-2295 or www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/wic

  10. Where do I go to learn about available jobs or to get my GED or HSED?
    Contact the Workforce Development Center-Workforce Investment Act (WIA) in your area:

    Calumet and Northern Winnebago counties:(920)968-6373



    Outagamie County:(920)968-6200

Upcoming Events

Additional Resources